Model 7704 500 VA 4-in-1 Multi-Function Electrical Safety Compliance Analyzer
HypotMAX®, model 7704 provides 500 VA Hipot , 6 kVDC Hipot, and Insulation Resistance and Ground Bond tests in a single DUT connection. The 7704 can be used as a bench-top instrument or as a PC controlled system. It features an easy-to-use interface and is equipped with advanced features such as our patented SmartGFI® safety circuit and our exclusive Ramp-HI® and Charge-LO® systems. It is best suited for 500 VA applications that also require multiple electrical safety tests to be performed through a single DUT connection.
The HypotMAX® family includes two high current testers: the 7700 3-in-1 version with 500 VA AC output and the 7704 4-in-1 version with 500 VA AC output. The high voltage testers are the 7705 10 kV AC Hipot, 7710 12 kV DC Hipot, 7715 20 kV AC Hipot and the 7720 20 kV DC Hipot. All testers come standard with USB and RS-232 interfaces. GPIB (IEEE-488) and other automation interfaces optional.
- Patented SmartGFI® safety circuit protects the operator from shock hazards
SmartGFI® - The patented SmartGFI is a high speed shut down circuit that provides maximum operator protection. If the circuit detects excessive leakage to ground it shuts down the high voltage in less than 1 millisecond. SmartGFI is automatically activated if the DUT is not grounded. The operator does not need to make the decision whether to activate the SmartGFI.
- 50 memories that can be stored and recalled. Multifunction testers include 8 steps per memory
- RAMP HI® and CHARGE LO® systems for more effective DC Hipot testing
RAMP-HI® - The Ramp-HI feature allows you to set a high limit charging current during the Ramp function which is higher than the high limit setting which would be chosen for the dwell cycle. This allows you to charge the DUT as rapidly as possible without causing false failures.
CHARGE-LO® - The Charge-LO Circuit sets a minimum charging current which is based on the DC test voltage, the rate of rise, and the capacitance of the DUT. This circuit confirms that the DUT is connected when performing a test.
- 500 VA testers available for Higher Current Hipot test applications
- Meets 200 mA short circuit requirements
- Up to 20 kV AC or DC Hipot testing for manufacturers with higher voltage testing requirements
- USB/RS-232 or GPIB automation interfaces available
- 4 wire measurement and milliohm offset for accurate Ground Bond test results (Model 7704)
- Autoware Testing Software available for complete Automation Control
- ARC LED: This indicator will illuminate when the Arc Detector has detected an arcing condition. This indicator will function even when the Arc Fail has been disabled.
- LOCK LED: When the Lock LED is on, the "password" software lockout has been enabled. This means that the users will be unable to access the "program" mode of the instrument to change any settings. When Memory-Lock is OFF the user can change memory locations.
- BUS REMOTE LED: This indicator will light when the instrument is in the Remote Control mode. When the BUS Remote is on the instrument is able to send and receive signals across the GPIB IEEE-488 or USB/RS-232 bus.
- LCD DISPLAY: The 2x20 character display indicates test function, memory and step location, test parameter and failure type as well as test measurements during a test.
- POWER SWITCH: Rocker-style switch with international ON ( | ) and OFF (0) markings.
- RESET BUTTON: This is a momentary contact switch. If an out-of-range leakage current condition, an arc breakdown, HI-limit, LO-Limit or ground bond failure occur you will need to reset the system before you can proceed to the next test. Press and release the red RESET button.
- TEST BUTTON: This is a momentary contact switch. Press the green button to turn on the high voltage output. Also illuminates to indicate a Pass condition.
- MEMORY: (PROGRAM KEY) Use this key to select one of the 50 memories to modify or run stored test parameters.
- STEP: (PROGRAM KEY) Use this key to select one of the 8 locations contained within each memory.
- LOCK: (PROGRAM KEY) Use this key to select key lockout mode. A password may be used when setup in the calibration mode.
- LOCAL: (PROGRAM KEY) Use this key when you wish to go from the Remote operation of the instrument to the Local mode.
- FUNCTION KEYS: Use these keys to select the test function that will be performed for the memory and step indicated. The four selections are: AC-W: AC Withstand Test; DC-W: DC Withstand Test; INSULATION: Insulation Resistance Test; G-BOND: Ground Bond Test
- EXIT: (PARAMETER KEY) Use this key to exit any menu or to clear an unwanted entry in a parameter field.
- SETUP: (PARAMETER KEY) Use this key to enter the setup menu and view or change the GPIB address, display contrast, alarm volume, PLC remote settings, or the stop on fail setting.
- UP-DOWN ARROW KEYS: (PARAMETER KEY) Use these keys to enter and move through the function parameter menus for AC-W, DC-W, IR, and G-BOND tests.
- DATA ENTRY KEYS: Use these keys to input numeric parameters followed by the ENTER key.
- ENTER/REVIEW KEY: Use this key as an ENTER key to accept numeric data for parameter settings. Or use this key as a REVIEW key to recall up to 8 connected test results after a test has been completed.
- HIGH VOLTAGE OUTPUT JACK: For the connection of the detachable 5 foot (1.52 m) high voltage test lead. The silicone rubber insulation is flexible for easy handling and is rated at 30KVDC. The jack is recessed for safety when this lead is not being used.
- HIGH VOLTAGE ON INDICATOR: This indicator flashes to warn the operator that high voltage is present at the high voltage output terminal.
- RETURN OUTPUT JACK: For the connection of the detachable 5 foot (1.52 m) return test lead. This lead is always used when performing a test. On model 7704 this jack will carry high current for the Ground Bond test
- CURRENT OUTPUT JACK: (Model 7704 only) For the connection of the detachable 5 foot (1.52 m) high current output lead used for the ground bond test. This lead is only used for the ground bond test.
GROUND CONTINUITY JACK: (Model 7700 only) For the connection of the detachable 5 foot (1.52 m) low current return lead used for the ground continuity test.